Cold chain logistics and transportation play an increasingly important role in our lives. Self-driving travel packs food, transports beverages to keeping heat; produces and transports fresh agricultural products, medical materials, etc., cold storage boxes provide convenience for our lives. However, if unsafe foam materials are used carelessly, it will endanger the physical and mental health of the human body. So, is the material of the cold box you use safe?
According to the material of the cold box, its advantages and disadvantages are analyzed in turn:
- Styrofoam: Using it to hold food seriously affects our health. When the temperature reaches 65℃, the harmful substances in the disposable foamed plastic will seep into the food and cause damage to the human liver, kidneys and central nervous system. Styrofoam boxes are generally polyvinyl chloride plastic. Generally used for low temperature refrigerated transportation.
- Waterproof cloth: The incubator made of Oxford cloth or nylon cloth has many advantages, strong and wear-resistant; it is equipped with waterproof rubber sole, and the bottom is non-slip, etc. Independent heat preservation food compartment, food storage is not squeezed. The inside of the food compartment is made of aluminum foil, which is insulated by PE cotton and has the function of keeping cold and heat. Environmentally friendly and safe, it can be in direct contact with food.
- Plastics: Plastics have been widely used in various fields of daily life. Products made of plastic, such as plastic bags, plastic cups, plastic bottles, etc., can be seen everywhere. However, the materials used in some plastic products on the market may release toxic and harmful substances (even some carcinogens) under different conditions such as temperature and humidity.
- Metal material texture: Metal box is one of the multi-functional equipment for cargo unit assembly, commodity storage and commodity circulation. Its disadvantage is that it is too bulky, not removable, and the edges and corners are easy to scratch the skin.
- Wood: Its disadvantage is poor thermal insulation performance. The advantage is that the cost is low, and it is also bulky, inconvenient to carry and deliver meals, not removable, and the edges and corners are easy to scratch the skin.
From the perspective of thermal insulation materials, it is mainly divided into three categories, metal , inorganic and organic materials.
- Metal heat insulation materials include: alumina, aluminum silicate felt, micro-nano heat insulation board, glass fiber cotton board, etc.
- Inorganic thermal insulation materials: expanded perlite, foamed cement, rock wool, micro-nano thermal insulation boards, etc.
- Common organic heat insulation materials are: phenolic foam, polyurethane foam, XPS, polystyrene board, etc.
Common insulation materials include:
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS) 2. Expanded polypropylene (EPP) 3. Expanded polyurethane (EPU) 4. Vacuum insulation panel (VIP)
- Extruded polystyrene (XPS) 6. EPE Expanded Poly-Ethylene
Let’s take a look at our products again.
J-BOX BIO MISSION uses Oxford cloth and aluminum film, and its main insulation material is environmentally friendly fluorine-free XPS
J-BOX BIO NEXT uses PU, and its main insulation material is vacuum insulation panel (VIP)
J-BOX FRESH series, the main insulation material is also used fluorine-free XPS
For safety, reliability and environmental protection.
Let’s take a look at the advantages of XPS.
XPS, also known as extruded polystyrene foam board, is a kind of thermal insulation material, which is often used in external wall insulation systems, roof insulation systems and ground insulation in severe cold and cold regions. It is made of polystyrene resin as raw material, supplemented with polymer through heating and mixing, injecting other catalysts at the same time, and then extrusion molding to manufacture rigid foam plastic board. The interior is a closed-cell honeycomb structure, and the closed-cell rate of the structure has reached more than 99%, forming a vacuum layer to avoid air flow and heat dissipation, ensuring long-lasting and stable thermal insulation performance. This honeycomb structure can make the XPS board have extremely low water absorption Non-toxic (almost no water absorption), high compression resistance, aging resistance (almost no aging decomposition phenomenon in normal use), low thermal conductivity, etc., its thermal conductivity is much lower than other insulation materials. Almost a perfect thermal insulation material.
(1) Unparalleled thermal insulation performance
The thermal conductivity of XPS is less than or equal to 0.028w/mk, which is far lower than other insulation materials (in engineering, materials with thermal conductivity less than 0.25w/mk are usually used as thermal insulation (insulation) materials), so it has high thermal resistance and low linear expansion rate. specialty. Widely used in roof thermal insulation systems, cold storage, thermal insulation inside and outside walls, the effect is unparalleled.
(2) Excellent water absorption
As a perfect thermal insulation material, the water absorption rate is an extremely important technical index. The closed-cell structure of the XPS board can effectively prevent the penetration of water molecules (including water vapor), form a vacuum layer, avoid air flow and heat dissipation, and ensure its thermal insulation Long-lasting and stable performance
(3) Excellent and durable thermal insulation performance
Low thermal conductivity is a requirement for all thermal insulation materials. XPS board is made of polystyrene (PS), which itself is an excellent thermal insulation material. In addition, it is produced by extrusion and has tight closed cells. The honeycomb condenser is more effective in preventing heat conduction.
(4) Unexpected compression performance
XPS extruded board is a light-weight and high-strength board, and its compressive strength can be as high as 350KPa or more when the density does not exceed 40kg per cubic meter. Good impact resistance can be obtained. The excellent compressive performance of XPS extruded board is almost unchanged even if it is soaked in water, which is not available in other insulation materials.
(5) Safety and environmental protection
XPS extruded board has stable chemical properties, no volatilization of harmful substances, no decomposition or mildew, and good corrosion resistance. In the production process of XPS extruded board, environmentally friendly raw materials are used, no harmful gas is produced, and the concept of environmental protection is also reflected in the production process. The solid waste generated can be recycled and used, which is a recyclable and environmentally friendly product.
Because of the support of this high-quality material, our cold storage box series products have many advantages such as safety, environmental protection, lightness, firmness, etc., and have been favored by customers from all walks of life since they were released.
The Cold Box For Vaccine Delivery！
Save Vaccine, Save Life！
Risks and Solutions of Cold box and Cool Block in Equipment Management
Which material is good for the cold box, which is both environmentally friendly and practical?
Cold chain time- and temperature-controlled transport of vaccines（２）
Cold chain time- and temperature-controlled transport of vaccines（１）
Various methods of fresh Cold Chain Logistics
Vaccine Cold Chain——a hot word
The global agricultural product cold chain logistics industry in 2022
Three key points of pharmaceutical cold chain logistics
Basic knowledge about cold chain transportation of medicines！
What is cold chain food?